Thursday, January 21, 2010

A boys life with no brothers!

My grandpa Duane said you should only be able to count your closest friends on one hand! Those people that you count are the people that you could call no matter when what where why and they would be there for you. I'm a very social person and I have tons of friends. So I took a step back and thought who are the five people that fall under that. It made it easy when I thought to my self, being a boy with no brothers who are the guys that are my brothers. Who are the guys that have I guess in turn helped mold Tyloy into Tyloy! Once I came up with that I found 5 guys pretty fast.



My cousins Rikky and Ryan. These guys are as close to real brothers as I guess you can get. All three of us being with in three years from each other. We grew up with each other. We just went out for a midnight breakfast earlier this week and we were just laughing and telling stories of the "Good Old Days" I love these guys to death. Rikky now married with a kid and Ryan to be married this coming month our lives are moving on yet we are still close as can be!



Then there's was Petey my closest non related brother. We have been best friends for over two thirds of my life. Yea I calculated that! We have been through it all! So much we've been through yet so much still  is to come. We met in 2nd grade and never looked back. We do and will always have each others backs.



Who could forget Davis. We knew each other through high school, but never were best friends until we moved in together up in college right after high school. That created a duo that will be best friends until the day we die. Ever since then we have been like white on rice. I'd do anything for this kid and he'd do anything for me.



Then Good Ol' Greg. I met him through Rikky and Ryan we have been friends for a while. We didn't become super close until right before our missions and then were like inseperable after our missions. He's for sure up there with the other four right now in my life.

I guess this is a pretty random first post on my blog, but when I was sitting here thinking of what to put and my grandpas advice shot in my head. Then I figured these 5 guys are what has made me who I am at this point. So I had to give credit where credit is due. So I guess the question to everyone else is who are your single hand friends? I love all 5 of these guys and would do anything for them. I thank them for everything they have done for me. May the memories continue to flow!

3 comments:

  1. Loving the blog my brother from another mother. Provo is not the same without Big Tyloy...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job Tyloy! I look forward to reading your blog. You always have a fun and interesting way of telling stories. (hmm, I wonder where that came from?!) Now keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the Blog my man all except for one thing.......you got to get rid of that county music!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete